TRT are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information in accordance to the parameters defined within the South African Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013.
What information do we collect?
TRT may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
TRT may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. TRT may use the information TRT obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. TRT may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Using your personal data
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested; and
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- TRT will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that TRT are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Security of your Personal Data
TRT will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Notably data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and therefore TRT cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information TRT hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
Third Party Websites
The website may contain links to other websites. TRT are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please advise TRT if the personal information which TRT hold requires to be corrected or updated.